The Nigerian Institution of Surveyors is perhaps one of the oldest organized Professional bodies in Nigeria. It started in 1934 as the “Licensed Surveyors Association” under the leadership of the late Nationalists, Herbert Heelas Macaulay. In 1960, the name was changed to the “Land Surveyors Association of Nigeria” with the late Surv. C.T. Olumide as Chairman. The current name – ” The Nigerian Institution of Surveyors” was adopted at the Enugu Conference in 1960 with the late Surv. C.T. Olumide elected President.